Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is your Heart Filled?

"My Heart Is Filled with Thankfulness"
Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2003 Thankyou Music

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who bore my pain;
Who plumbed the depths of my disgrace
And gave me life again;
Who crushed my curse of sinfulness
And clothed me in His light
And wrote His law of righteousness
With pow'r upon my heart.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who walks beside;
Who floods my weaknesses with strength
And causes fears to fly;
Whose ev'ry promise is enough
For ev'ry step I take,
Sustaining me with arms of love
And crowning me with grace.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To him who reigns above,
Whose wisdom is my perfect peace,
Whose ev'ry thought is love.
For ev'ry day I have on earth
Is given by the King;
So I will give my life, my all,
To love and follow him.

I wanted to highlight some phrases in this song, but found that I would have to highlight just about every word, so I would encourage you to read it again.

I posted recently about being "as a child", and this is a great place to be. On our tax returns we state whether we have dependents, or maybe we are dependents, in the IRS' eyes, but today I am realizing that we are all SOOO dependent on Him.
We are told to pray w/o ceasing, and I think this is impossible if we think we can do things on our own, w/o God's help.

I have realized, the last few days, that is it a joy to pray throughout the day because when I know that I need God's help for every decision, that I need His wisdom and direction to make the right choices, it takes the burden off of me to "get it right" and I can trust Him, who knows all things, to guide me to the right place.

We need to pray for those around us who have not had their eyes opened to the truth of who Jesus is. Many feel they can make it on their own and that Jesus would cramp their style, but Jesus doesn't cramp our style, He takes the burden from us so we can live unencumbered.

1 Chron. 16:8 O give thanks unto Jehovah, call upon his name; Make known his doings among the peoples.

9 Sing unto him, sing praises unto him; Talk ye of all his marvelous works.

10 Glory ye in his holy name; Let the heart of them rejoice that seek Jehovah.

11 Seek ye Jehovah and his strength; Seek his face evermore.

12 Remember his marvelous works that he hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,

24 Declare his glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the peoples.

25 For great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised: He also is to be feared above all gods.

26 For all the gods of the peoples are idols: But Jehovah made the heavens.

27 Honor and majesty are before him: Strength and gladness are in his place.

28 Ascribe unto Jehovah, ye kindreds of the peoples, Ascribe unto Jehovah glory and strength;

29 Ascribe unto Jehovah the glory due unto his name: Bring an offering, and come before him: Worship Jehovah in holy array.

30 Tremble before him, all the earth: The world also is established that it cannot be moved.

31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; And let them say among the nations, Jehovah reigneth.

32 Let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof; Let the field exult, and all that is therein;

33 Then shall the trees of the wood sing for joy before Jehovah; For he cometh to judge the earth.

34 O give thanks unto Jehovah; for he is good; For his loving kindness endureth for ever.

35 And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, And gather us together and deliver us from the nations, To give thanks unto thy holy name, And to triumph in thy praise.

36 Blessed be Jehovah, the God of Israel, From everlasting even to everlasting. And all the people said, Amen, and praised Jehovah.

When we are dwelling in the "land of thanksgiving" it is difficult to complain. We have much to be thankful for, so let's be thankful.

No comments: