Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mercies New

Lam. 3 ...Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD....

Mercies New, N. Nordeman

Is it fair to say I was lured away?
By endless distractions and lovelier attractions then
Or fairer still, my own free will
Is the better one to blame
For this familiar mess I've made again

So I would understand, if you were out of patience
And I would understand, if I was out of chances

(Chorus)
Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all Your mercies new

The distance left between East and West
Is how far You would go to forget the debt I owe
And thrown into the sea, the wicked ways in me
Will never have a chance to wash back on the sand

So I would understand, if you would make me pay
I would understand, lying in the bed I made again

(Chorus)

Up comes the sun on every one of us
Gone, gone, gone the guilt and shame that knew your name

I had to let one of my staff go this week; I didn't say "You're Fired", like D. Trump does, but it was still a good reminder to me of chances running out and also of debt I owe and it it sweet to know that God doesn't "fire" us or let us go; He is so patient with me.

The reason I put the Lam. passage in like it I did id the entire 3rd chapter is so good.

No comments: