Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:


29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

My parents now live north of Spokane, so they are closer to us than they have been in many years. When Grant had his event, they came over on Sunday to be with us and encourage us.

Moms are special. I love both of my parents and they both have a share in who I am today, whether that's good or bad.

I know that for SOOO many years my mom prayed for my salvation, even when I was being a punk to her, she loved me. She taught us how to can food, work hard even when you don't like the work you are doing, to be responsible at an early age doing chores around the house and all the while she was a great friend to many other women in our local church.

Proverbs 31 is about the woman who maximizes the time and abilities God has given her, for His glory. I think my mom has done that. I love you mom, thanks for your unconditional love for me.

I have much to be thankful for the "other mom" in my life, Teresa.

She has been through a lot this year and every year she has been married to me, which is 25 in a few months.

She has also been industrious, but in different ways than my mom. She really likes to weed and be out in the dirt working those plants, whether around our home, the church or someone else's home, she loves to be working outside. She is also a great cook, she loves to entertain and make people feel welcome in our home, she is an encourager to so many around her. I could not do what I do if she didn't do what she does. Thanks for all you have done for our family over the years.

We have much to be thankful for, with our moms, and we need to make sure they know we love them all year. We need to rise up and call them "Blessed" and honor them.

Thanks to all the moms who have sacrificed so much to be faithful wives to their husbands, and faithful, loving moms to their children.

Happy Mother's Day.

Click here to read the next part, "Seated with Him in Heavenly Places"

No comments: