Saturday, September 12, 2009

Connected Passages?

Matt. 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Ps. 37:
4 Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Matt. 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I was thinking about these passages this morning and it seems that maybe they are connected more than just by the binding on the outside of the Book. Maybe Matt. 7:7 is saying that when our hearts have been tuned to god's Word and we are truly seeking His will for everything in our lives, maybe this is when He really gives us what we are asking for, because we truly are asking for what He desires us to have in the first place.

When we are seeking to do His will, no matter what that looks like, then He is ready to show us what His will is and open the doors to allow that to happen for us. Until we let go of our own desires He may not choose to show us what He would have us to do.

What are the desires of our heart? Are they directly connected to His? Are they one and the same? Or, are we fighting to keep part of our own desires just in case we are not happy with what He chooses?

I find this both hard and easy to do. Hard to give up all that I am for what He desires me to wants for me, even though I know in the end it will be much better. Easy to try to save a little bit of myself on the side just in case His plan is not what I have in mind.

He is so faithful to me, when I am not to Him. He provides so much more than I ever deserve, even when I am not thankful. He opens doors that I hesitate to go through, even when it seems there is no way they could be opening unless He opens them. How long will it take me to get it? I hope not the rest of my life. I don't want to waste more than I already have.

How's your asking going? Is it in line with what He wants you to ask for? What are you seeking for? His Kingdom? What doors are you trying to get opened for you? Doors that lead to the Beatitudes or doors that lead to prosperity in this life?

Do you think this is a right interpretation?

No comments: