Monday, July 22, 2013

God in the Darkest Night

Lots happening these days around the Weinberg house. 

Today we welcomed a Japanese exchange student for the next 3 weeks, Grant is working on his 2nd week of a new career, Dad is launching about 5 new things all at once and mom is left trying to figure out how to make all the things stay together with everyone going from place to place.


I started meetings early this am and got home at 9:30 and while driving home with one of my partners we talked about what is coming down the pipe, where God is taking us and how it seems like not much is within our control.

While I certainly have no lack of opportunities to distract me and there is not a want of things to do, I do wonder lately what God wants from me and how low He may let me/us go before He shows me more of His plan.

When we had nothing and remained at nothing it was pretty ok, but when you increase your stuff, habits and expenditures, then it becomes a little harder to go back to nothing. Is that what God wants? _________ (Long pause), not sure right now.

I'm not really that attached to all this stuff but it does make for some great opportunities to minister to others and, frankly, we are spoiled ourselves in this ridiculous house, but...

I am reminded of Hab. 1:17 and following-
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
    nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
    and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
    and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the deer's;
    he makes me tread on my high places.

When life is crazy and abundance flies in our faces, well, it's easy to take that for granted. When there is a lot more month than there is money that is a whole different story. 

So what does God want from us/me today? Maybe you are finding yourself asking the same question. 

The following song seems to be a great solution to where we are currently living and as much as it resonates in my heart it kind of ruffles my feathers a bit as well. All God has to do is say the word and business comes in like a flood. He has everything at His disposal to turn a very "red month" into a large "black month" and yet at this exact moment in time it doesn't seem like He is ready to do that for us.

He knows exactly what I need and while on one hand that is comforting on the other hand I think, "Really is this what is best for us right now?".

We shall find out soon enough. While I hope and pray He changes the course soon but the only guarantee I have is that He is in control and He knows what's best. 

Hang on Baby, the roller coaster ride is certainly not over yet. 

BTW- it's been a long time since it has rained here in multiple ways. JS

As Long as You Are Glorified
Sovereign Grace Music

"Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings 
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

CHORUSOh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long 
As You are glorified

VERSE 2Are You good only when I prosper 
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree 
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy 
You are true when I’m parched and dry 
You still reign in the deepest valley 
You’re still God in the darkest night

BRIDGESo quiet my restless heart
Quiet my restless heart
Quiet my restless heart in You"



Please quiet my heart Father- make me know you are not only there but that You have everything under Your control and plan and that You know what is best, even when I resist, try too hard, work too much, worry too often and grumble because it seems like You're purposely making me wait. You have to do that because I won't without you doing it.

No comments: