Thursday, September 12, 2013

She Had Me at "WAAA"

I can't say that the day or two before Kimmy arrived were like Heaven on earth. She was pretty determined to stay inside her mama when everyone on the outside thought it was time for her to come out.

It was a crazy labor, but we won't go there. I have told Teresa that the mom's can't tell their labor stories after their daughters have been in labor:)

But let me say that when the time finally arrived that Kimmy showed her face, it was love at first sight. Ok, maybe second sight.

She came out scowling at the world. She was MAD. No sound. No sound. SOUND!!! But what a great sound it was. It was the sound of life; our not so little (9 lb 1oz) girl's life. It was a beautiful and pleasantly low cry, unlike some of those squealing babies in the other room who's mom had started labor after Teresa, delivered and left before Kimmy decided to face the world. We were very happy we had this one.

She had me at "WAAA". She looked right at me and cried and it was pretty stinkin' ok with me. 

But it didn't take long and she was smiling at her mama and me and the rest of the world. She was such a good baby. She loved everyone and everyone loved her. In fact we have friends who were considering not having kids until they met Kimmy and they changed their minds.


What a joy our Kimmy has been. She is wise beyond her years. She is such a good mommy to her 2 little ones. Knows the balance between discipline and love. 

She loves her man. Works hard and relaxes. Is a friend to many and has really become a great friend to her parents.



What a blessing when your kids turn into your best friends.

I thank the Lord for giving us our kids and especially today on Kimmy's 25th birthday I am so thankful that we have had 25 awesome years with her.

I love you Kimberly. You make my heart happy. Have a great birthday. Wish I could be there to give you a big hug and look into those eyes that make me smile.

You'll always be my little girl.

No comments: