Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hope in God.

How can we know? What about tomorrow? Will next year be somewhat similar to this year? Will the kids be healthy? Will grand babies be healthy? Will the economy pick up? What if it doesn't? Am I where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing? All these questions and a thousand more and yet who holds the answers? Will we get to know before the day actually comes?

A friend of mine reminded me today that "God is never late and He is seldom early" and what a good reminder that is. I think about the timing of events around Grant's cardiac arrest- perfect timing. Not too early and not to late. Literally minutes either direction would have been fatal, but he is still here.

So, in light of all the events in our lives, each day, each year and decade, what is our hope? Think about and recite to yourself the many times God has provided in the most amazing ways, creative ways that only He could have arranged to bring about the perfect ending to the crazy situation you were in. We have to tell ourselves often "Remember when He..." or else we will look at the impossible situation and despair. There is no impossible situation and He orchestrates all these things for our good and His glory.

If He comes too soon then the possibility of us taking the credit for it is greater. If He comes too late then there is despair. Like the waters of the Red Sea- His timing is perfect and often it is the only way out. What will He do tomorrow with your dilemma of today? Watch and see. Wait and hope. And when He does come through don't forget to praise Him aloud so that He will be shown to be your hope.

"Why are you cast down, O my soul,and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,my salvation and my God."

No comments: