Thursday, January 27, 2011

Want Peace that passes understanding?

Is. 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.

T called me yesterday morning and had been reading through old posts on the blog. She was encouraged by what she read, which is an encouragement to me, but it got me thinking about the event that prompted the blog itself.

I would never have guessed in a million years that I would write all this stuff down but it has been a good exercise for me and hopefully others have been encouraged along the way. I have become much faster at entering the posts with all this typing.

So what of the events of that day and all those days in between? I didn't read all the posts I have written but I read a few this morning and smiled when reminded of the times I was writing about or thought "I don't remember what I was thinking about when I wrote this".

I do remember one thing and it is contained in the verse at that top. On March 22, 2008 many people asked me about the calm that I had in the time. Through these 2 1/2 years there have been plenty of times when peace could have abandoned me, and sometimes I have let peace go out the window but I believe more often than not I have had peace because I have kept my mind on Christ and His Word.

Notice that it is God Who keeps us in peace as we keep our minds stayed on Him and as we trust in Him. This is really His work as well. If I depend on myself to be near Him and fixed on Him, I will fail, so I must pray constantly that He would keep me there and in that place I can and do have peace.

Much of our lives are filled with trials and turmoil. We have many opportunities each day to NOT have peace and worry about things; many beyond our control. We can have peace that passes all understanding if we keep our minds fixed on Him and recount His faithfulness toward us. He is faithful. He loves and cares for us. He gives what is best for us and He does not fail. That will bring you peace.

No comments: