Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Teach us to number our days

I guess we have anniversaries of our birth to remind us that time is slipping away and where we have been in these years. Just 10 quick years ago we were very much on our way to leaving LS, after 18 years.

Leaving the security of the "known" and stepping headlong into the very much unknown can be a bit scary. Would I change it knowing what I know now? I don't think so.

In the past 10 years we have been allowed to meet some very special people, go some amazing places, meet some gracious people, employ some great friends and work in partnership with many great people. Others often ask me about the adventures we have been on, India, Brazil, Italy and the likes, but in the end it is more about the people than anything else. And not necessarily the people a long way away either.

What does tomorrow, this year or the next 10 years hold? I have no more clue about that than I did when we started on these last 10 years. Do I need to know? Should I know? Would it be better if I knew? I don't think so. God allows today all the trouble and gives blessings for today and when tomorrow comes there will both new mercies and new trials. Let's not rush into those days too quickly.

So from my chair, close to 1/2 a century in this tent, I am thankful for His leading, for His kindness and grace and for the many people He has connected us with over the years to encourage our walk towards the image of His Son.

As the title of the blog states- He is Good!

No comments: