Sunday, February 7, 2010

All the Way my Savior Leads me

It's good to be back in America and hopefully back to a more normal routine, after spending 20 days in China. I like my early morning time, off by myself with my Lord, and sharing a small hotel room with T and John David was not the easiest place to do this, especially with restricted Chinese internet. But alas I am back.

I am pretty sure that life is not about to get much easier- new son home, wedding closing in, business still dragging from the economy and just life in general. But what of an easy life? Is an easy life all that it's cracked up to be? Should there be a draw for me to have it easy? Is the Christian life a life that is supposed to be a cake walk- just a stroll through the park and in the end we arrive in Jesus arms?

There are some who go this way of ease, but it does seem that the ones God uses most are those whom He gives many trials.

One such a person is Fanny Crosby. Born in 1820 and at 6 weeks got a cold. Her normal family doctor was not available so they called in someone else and he prescribed to her parents a paste for her eyes that left her blind. She often said that she would not trade her blindness for sight because with sight she may have been too distracted by the beautiful things God has created to have sung all the songs she did in her mind before dictating them to someone to write down for her. She lived almost 95 years in the dark and wrote some 8000 songs, many under different pen names. Some of those songs are songs we still sing. To name a few; Blessed Assurance, My Savior first of all and All the way my Savior leads me.

All the way my Savior leads me;
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread;
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

All the way my Savior leads me
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way.

This little lady was used by God to impact generations of believers and though she was born to poor parents and her father died when she was just a year old, she had audience with presidents.

Sometimes He leads us in paths that don't seem best when we start walking, but He knows what is best and He uses those who are willing to be spent by Him and for Him.

No comments: