Friday, August 28, 2009

Day by Day= year

Ps. 63:3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
Ps. 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love,
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

"How we live our days is how we live our lives" Annie Dillard

The Bible tells us to number our days and just a couple of verses later the psalmist is asking God to "satisfy us in the morning". Does this mean that he was not satisfied with God when he woke up? I know personally I don't get up every morning totally satisfied in God; not that He is any different but that I have lost focus on all the goodness that He is while I have been sleeping.

Can you honestly say, before God, that His steadfast love if better than life? I think this is key to our loving God and enjoying Him forever. When He gives us a view of unseen things and allows us to take our eyes off of the seen things, then we can finally be most satisfied in Him and He will be most glorified in us.

So what does that look like for us each day and even each minute of each day? I am at the fair this week talking to people as they walk by. They are probably not coming to the fair to find Priceless Granite, but they may see something interesting and come by to visit and look. When they leave our booth what will they leave with? This might be the only "light" they get today, the rest of their day may be totally spent in really banal things like spending money to ride the rides and get food that is way to expensive and not good for you. Maybe , in talking to me, this will be the only refreshment they get today. This is how it is everyday.

How we live each minute of every day is what we will be known as when they write about us when we are gone. More importantly, this is what the Father will see when we stand before Him. Are we glad in Him; most satisfied in all that He is? I pray that I am today.

No comments: