Monday, August 3, 2009

How do I get Blessed by God?

How would you like to have all these things listed below?

Have your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing spring up speedily;
your righteousness go before you;
the glory of the LORD be your rear guard.

'When you call, and the LORD will answer;
you cry, and he will say, 'Here I am'.
Have your light rise in the darkness
and your gloom be as the noonday.

The LORD guide you continually
and satisfy your desire in scorched places
and make your bones strong;
Be like a watered garden,
like a spring of water,
whose waters do not fail.

Have your ancient ruins be rebuilt;
and raise up the foundations of many generations;
be called the repairer of the breach,
the restorer of streets to dwell in.

This would make a great wedding registry list. If we could give this kind of thing to newly weds, how good would that be? If we could ask for this and receive it wouldn't that make life more fulfilling?

I am not going to give a reference for this list, I want to see if you can find it. I would not be able to find it without having a search done, but it is worth the search. I also find it interesting that we can have this list of benefits given to us, by God, but I think as you search you will find an interesting pathway to having these things given to us.

I love the second section,
'When you call, and the LORD will answer;
you cry, and he will say, 'Here I am'.
I want God to answer when I call. More than anything else I need Him to answer when I call. When I cry out He will say "Here I am". How awesome is that? The Creator of the universe hears me when I call, says "Here I am" when I cry out.

But what are the requirements to have these things given to us? Since you all are so quick to post a comment, I will let you answer the question with a post. Don't be shy. The answer is amazing. What a great chapter. I will wait to hear from you all.

2 comments:

katrina said...

Good Morning Chuck~

Yesterday I did this study of Isaiah 58:8-12 in place of my usual morning study. I don't think I have ever given much, if any, thought to "how do I get blessed by God?" I felt God had given me so much aleady.....more than I ever deserved, that I do not deserve anything "extra" I appreciated this study getting me thinking about that. I especially needed the reminder of the importance of putting self aside and pleasing God by taking care of the poor, the helpless and oppressed. I can easily get caught up in life "stuff" and put off what I should be doing today for others!!!I know it used to be natural for me to do for others and this study has made me stop and think about when and why did I become so hesitant...leaving me with more questions to dig in to!

I am wondering what translation do you use?

Thank you~
Katrina

Chuck Weinberg said...

I normally use the ESV.
God is good, we need to tell others of His goodness and show them that we actually mean what we are saying.
Thanks for your friendship.