Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family

Matt. 12:49 And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 50For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Last week Teresa and I went to a church to hear a missionary speaker. I had never even heard of the church, almost all of the members are Chinese, as is the pastor. The amazing part is we are all brothers and sisters in the Lord. We are family. There was an immediate connection.

We have our staff retreat for 128 this weekend and as I look around the room of 27 staffers I really am pretty different from all the rest; none of us are really similar, but we are all family. For most of us the people in this room are some of our closest friends.

I go to networking meetings where there are a hundred business owners, which we should have a lot in common, and it just feels like I am a fish out of water. When I am with believers who love the Lord and are delighting in Him, we have an immediate connection. We have our Big Brother and our Loving Father that make it so there is never a lack for something to talk about and rejoice over.

May we love and encourage our brothers and sisters as we learn and grow under the care of our Gracious Heavenly Father. May we share our hearts and our resources as He continues to fill us to over flowing with good things;
Ps. 107:
8 Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love,
for his wondrous works to the children of man!
9For he satisfies the longing soul,
and the hungry soul he fills with good things.

There is no other icebreaker like our Ice Breaker in Heaven. There is none who compares with Him. Rejoice in His goodness and with the family He has given us.

No comments: