Friday, July 3, 2009

Always Ardent

Ps. 40:5 You have multiplied, O LORD my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told.

I have been thinking about the distractions that keep me away from pondering the goodness of God and praising Him continually. Often they are not "bad" things, but they can not be good if they draw my heart away.

God is a jealous God who wants my worship every minute of every day. I am thankful that He knows that I am dust, prone to wander and weak. But, since He is jealous, He wants my continual praise; He deserves it and there is none who can compare with Him.

I desire to be an ardent worshiper of our good God Who has lavished so many good things on me. He loves me and that should be my greatest joy and treasure all the time; not some position or thing.

No comments: