Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Don't Be Ashamed-Proclaim

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

I have had a few pretty interesting conversation in the last 2 days. Both are concerning Grant and the blog. I also am noticing a change in the way I think about telling others about Christ. This is not from me but God is the One doing this work in me. I am normally afraid and ashamed of the Gospel, even though Romans 1:16 says that ...it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes,... I still am reluctant to speak. Shame on me.

Now I can tell people about the miracle of Grant's life and then that leads naturally into God is in control and are you ready to die?

I am ashamed that in the past I have not shared more than I did, or at all. One friend of mine thanked me for talking to him about Christ and asked "Since I have known you for more than a year, why is it that this is the first time you have said anything?". Ouch.

Col. 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. 3At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— 4that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.

5 Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 6Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

God planned this event for Grant and our family to give us courage to share because it doesn't matter what people might say. I told my friend today "I might never see you again". Grant doesn't remember ANYTHING from Sat. morning until Tuesday morning. I hugged him goodbye at church on Friday night and that might have been the last time I ever saw him alive. We need to look at people this way.

We are playing for keeps, there are no "do overs", there are potentially no "decisions I can make later". What are we doing with the life that God has given us right now?

Also in the discussion was, "Every person alive knows there is a God, but we just don't want to deal with it right now". You might not get another opportunity to "Deal with it" later.

God is certainly kind to use us to spread the Good News when He could do a much better job Himself. I don't want to be a slacker, and I hope that you are all encouraged not to be slackers as well.

God had given some new life and those He has given it to need to share with those who don't know the Good News yet. We have the life giving truth, we need to share it.

It's a bit of a stressful time at PG but I am confident that God is in complete control and that's the way I want to keep it.

Pray that we would all be bold and that we would take every opportunity to share His love with others.

Rejoicing the opportunity,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "Good Day Sunshine"

No comments: