Sunday, April 6, 2008

God Is NOT Busy



Matt. 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Think about sparrows for a minute. They hop and jump and take off for 2-3 seconds and then land again to hop around some more. They are fidgety little creatures. They always have to be doing something or going somewhere.

JZ made reference to this passage this morning. He said that the word for "fall to the ground" is actually "hop". How crazy is it that God knows when every single sparrow takes every single hop. I was thinking that often I think that my problem is insignificant to Him, so I shouldn't bother asking. Well if God knows about the hops of sparrows and He knows how much hair every creature has, or doesn't have, then even the smallest of issues I have, He can and does want to know about. AND He can do this w/o being busy. That is too much for us to understand.

I was talking to one of my friends today, Kyle T. and we were visiting about Grant's event. He said that he had been trying to think about how he would have handled this if this were one of his sons and if they didn't come out of it alive. On the way from the airport to the hospital I had time to think about whether Grant would be alive or not when I got there. I had to keep telling myself that God doesn't give us more than we can handle and that I should think about things I know to be true, rather than to imagine how bad it could be. The really great thing is that God hasn't asked me, or Kyle, to go through that right now. God is good and He knows what it takes to brings people to Himself. When I think back on it I couldn't really imagine how GOOD it could be right now from where it was just 2 weeks ago.

One of our other friends was talking about Grant's event being bigger than just a physical death and resurrection. A couple of things come to my mind here. Every life that God changes from hating Him to loving Him is a resurrection into new life spiritually, which is as big a miracle as physical resurrection. The question is, "why would He actually do that?". We have been hoping that this event will change the hearts of all of us to love God more and she said that her daughter has taken this event very seriously since she really considers Grant a friend and she is looking at her life and couldn't say for sure that if she were the one to die that she would be ready spiritually. God uses the events of our lives to change the lives of others. God uses the events of our lives; amazing!

So pray that people would still consider their eternal destiny when they think about Grant's event.

Pray that we all would trust God's care in our lives in the big things and the smallest details. He is a personal God and He wants to take our cares onto Himself so we can just rest in Him.

1 Peter 5:7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Click here to read the next part, "Weak and Needy DNA"

2 comments:

cwblogger said...

One of the tellers at Cascade Bank apparently knows one of the EMTs who attended to CGW. I was able to share both your blog and Andrew Mark's blog with her. She then said she was interested in our church. I pointed her to our website and some of the doctrinal links.

Wednesday I will be able to follow up with the gospel! Praise God for His work, however He chooses to do it!

~Kim said...

God has given you a wonderful gift in your ability to write and share the Word of God within your trial. I am so incredibly encouraged and look forward to your next posts.

Praising God for you and your family!

~Kim (I am a part of the church family with the Mark's)