Monday, April 21, 2008

The Other Woman in My Life

Yesterday I was on the way from church to the home show and I was listening to my ipod. I have a wide variety of artists on there and I chose Larnell Harris.

When Kimmy was born it was one of the most exciting times in my life.

I think everyone should get to have a little girl, but I'm not the "chooser".

She could light up a room just from her great smile and she was always so happy. She was, and is,truly a joy to have.

When Jonathan and Sonja showed me the ultrasound pictures of their first girl, I told Jonathan that there should have been a caption on the bottom, "You can't afford me".:)

Watching Kimmy today makes me so proud and thankful at the woman she has become, and is becoming. I love her servant's heart toward so many in our church and her love for the things of the Lord.

I just wanted you all to know how much I love this "little girl".

Time goes by much too fast
But the memories I have will always last
Like the risk of that first step
And the first word I heard her say
I knew she'd be the only other woman
That I could ever love this way

Chorus:
She's become the other woman in my life
She's the evidence of love
Between me and my wife
When she was a baby, I held her
And as a young girl I watched her
Become the other woman in my life

And all too soon she'll be on her own
Making choices she must live with all alone
But I pray she won't forget
What's been the truth right from the start
She'll always be that special little lady
That heaven placed in to my heart

Chorus

Watching her grow was like
Seeing a flower begins to bloom
As if follows the morning sun
Knowing that God's not done
And knowing He's just begun

(Larnell Harris)

Remembering the past, and basking in the the present,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "Forgiveness and Healing"

No comments: