Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Say Something

Teresa told me that yesterday a guy asked her, "How is your son doing?". She told me that she hasn't really ever talked to him one on one before and also that she was so encouraged by his asking about Grant's condition. She thought this was interesting because some of the people that she knows pretty well have not asked how Grant is doing or how she is doing. Please continue to read.

I post this because I am much like the second group, the "non askers". Often I don't know the exact right thing to say, so I don't say anything. After this event, I think it is better to say that you don't know what to say, than to not say anything at all.
Just a little encouragement. We need to get out of our comfort zones and get dirty. Dealing with people is a dirty business, but it is real life. We all have much work to do in our own lives and we need help doing it.

People need the Lord and He has put us here to be His mouth pieces, not show pieces.

Thinking on the computer,
Chuck

Click here to read, "Who Can Understand the Work of God"

1 comment:

Jonathan Sarr said...

Chuck, I totally agree with you that "it is better to say that you don't know what to say, than to not say anything at all." When my mom died (10 years ago this Oct.), I know people didn't know what to say to me, so I would sometimes help them out and say, "what do you say? It's hard, but God is giving me His peace which surpasses all understanding. God's grace has been amazing."-stuff like that. I felt like some people avoided asking me how I was doing because they didn't want to upset me. I imagine mostly people had really good intentions, but as a person going through a trial, it is nice to hear someone ask how you are doing. Thanks for asking me...