Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Forgiveness and Healing

Ps. 103:3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

This is not a question in David's mind, rather a statement of benefits.

If I asked you to list the things you are most thankful for, what would be on the top of the list? Generally we would write what comes to our mind first, and this would also mean this would be the most important. David lists God's benefits the same way.

Spurgeon says, ”Till iniquity is forgiven, healing, redemption, and satisfaction are unknown blessings. Forgiveness is first in the order of our spiritual experience, and in some respects first in value.” God forgives our sins, past present and future and He removes them forever, never to be brought back up again.

Think about our forgiveness of others and the partial way that we forgive. We often remember the things that irritate us and sometimes we carry those issues against a person long past the time we can even remember why we were even upset in the first place. God forgives us completely even when He knows we will commit the same sin over and over again.

Both of these songs in the post are Phillip, Craig and Dean.

My faithful Father, enduring Friend
Your tender mercy’s like a river with no end
It overwhelms me, covers my sin
Each time I come into Your presence
I stand in wonder once again

CHORUS:
Your grace still amazes me
Your love is still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
Your grace still amazes me
‘Cause Your grace still amazes me

Oh, patient Saviour, You make me whole
You are the Author and the Healer of my soul
What can I give You, Lord, what can I say
I know there’s no way to repay You
Only to offer You my praise

It’s deeper, it’s wider
It’s stronger, it’s higher
It’s deeper it’s wider
It’s stronger, it’s higher
than anything my eyes can see.


And when sin is no longer present, then the effects of sin are no longer present. He forgives as Judge, and heals as The Physician.

This part is particularly poignant to me right now after our event with Grant. God is the Healer.

Because I was young once, I am aware that many young people don’t think THEY can get sick or think that going to the doctor is a necessary evil. But I am especially thankful to God for the work of medicine. God allows people to figure out what makes the body work and what chemicals to put together so that the body can accept the treatment and start the healing process. God gives doctors and pharmacists the wisdom and knowledge to work toward a cure. If Grant would have had his event even 10years ago there could have been a much different outcome. God gives healing to us.

Teresa and I had our follow up with the cardiologist to review the findings of the Eco-cardiogram and the blood work. Well, all of our tests came back absolutely normal. That is good on one side, because we have no issues, but it doesn't help he doctors get any closer to what it is the kids have. It's a good thing God knows exactly what's going on with us.

Grant played in his first golf match yesterday. He didn't play as well as he would have liked, but it was good to see him out there swinging like nothing has ever happened. It's pretty amazing really when you think that 4 weeks ago we didn't know if he would have full brain functions.

Kimmy and Garrett are being fitted with different monitors. The cardiologist want to make sure everything is ok, before she gives them the "OK" stamp. She said if Grant would not have had his event she would probably just let them slide, but this obviously requires more serious research now.

I was listening to this song this morning and was reminded of God's greatness in everything, even the things we don't know anything about.

You are not a God
Created by human hands
You are not a god
Dependant on any mortal man
You are not a god
In need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that’s just the way it is

CHORUS
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

You’re the only God
Whose power none can contend
You’re the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You’re the only God
Who’s worthy of everything we can give
You are God
And that’s just the way it is

Unchangeable
Unshakable
Unstoppable
That’s what You are

Thankful for all the benefits,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "Trust and Obey"

No comments: