Friday, April 18, 2008

Red Bricks

Ps. 103: 8 The LORD is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Imagine your own personal sins; each being an individual red brick, like they build those colonial style houses with. Each one of those weighs maybe 2lbs and has a certain amount of space they take up. Now think about what your daily sins would look like in a pile, or it's fine for you to neatly stack them up. Now think about your pile, or stack, for this week, and then 52 weeks in a year. Now multiply that by your age and then by how long you think you're going to live. I have to imagine a very big stack, I want mine to be in a neat stack.

Spurgeon conveys the idea of our sins being a mountain, I get that, and how good it is that God's mercy is enough to flood over the mountains of our sins to completely cover them. If He were not God there would not be enough mercy to cover them. I like it that my stack is under the water of His mercy and I can't see how big it is. God has erased my stack.

Romans 2:4 It's God's kindness that leads us to repentance. How sweet this is.

Come thou Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy Grace,
Streams of mercy never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise.

I want to live right in the Fountain, but often I choose to try to drink from dry cisterns,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "One AMAZING Month"

No comments: