Saturday, May 9, 2009

How's your bank doing?

This is not a normal post for me, but I thought you might like to see the business side of me. I, in no way, consider myself business smart, so I have to rely on other smart people to keep me going the right direction. Bankers are often a large part of helping a small business owner stay on track. Bankers are people too and they don't see what is right around the corner. It is good that God is on our side.

Banks are always changing their programs to the public and are often telling us that we are not the type of clients they want to have. There are times this is warranted, but there are many times when it is not. You may have a perfectly good credit score and for some reason they don't seem to be interested in your business.

Well here is a site that can help you to understand where your particular bank is coming from. Maybe they are not doing as well as you are. If you are choosing between 2 or 3 banks you can check into their financial statements and see what the banking industry thinks about their business practices.

Obviously, there are not many banks that have fared extremely well in this past year, so it may take you a while to find one that is getting stellar ratings right now, but it is very insightful. Pray for wisdom and happy hunting.

http://www.bankrate.com/rates/safe-sound/bank-ratings-search.aspx?t=cb

No comments: