Monday, May 11, 2009

Praising God for His Goodness To Me

I called my mom yesterday to wish her a happy Mother's Day. Mom prays for me and our business every day. She is pretty sick, with some sort of virus right now, so she has to stay home most of the time. This gives her even more time to pray.

Of course she wanted to know how all the kids were doing and how Teresa and I were. After all those questions were answered I told her the good report of how much God has been blessing us at PG. She was not surprised at all, in fact she said, "Oh, I knew God would do that!" She truly prays and believes that God is going to do more than we could ask of imagine, and He really has.

Thanks to you all for praying for us. I know that many are praying for us and I also know that w/o God working we would not be here today, let alone be doing this well. He has blessed us exceedingly abundantly; over the top.

Even though I really do know for sure that all this success is God's doing, I find it much easier to focus on Him when things are less promising on an earthly level. I guess that is why James said, "1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Previous to this last year I always thought that trials we bad, but I am finally beginning to see that not only are that NOT bad, but they really are best. They are hard, they mess up our schedules, they cause pain and discomfort, they are irritants, but they are for my good and when I am looking to Christ in these times this is when I have grown the most.

So as much as I am blown away by God's goodness to me on so many levels, I would ask that you would pray that I would enjoy the Giver more than the gifts and that I would stay focused on Christ in all that I do. The Giver is truly amazing!

Lord, may I truly love You more than all that You have lavished on me. May I enjoy Your goodness, living in Your shadow, dwelling close to You. May You be my refreshment, my comfort all day long. May I look to You for wisdom and discernment. May I find rest in Your care and may I be quick to give You the glory that You deserve in ALL things. You have blessed me more than I deserve and You are worthy of all of my praise; may that praise be always on my lips.

May my life be a light for all to see Your radiance shining out of. You have to do this work in me, but You have said that You will finish what You have started. Oh finish me for Your glory, as there is nothing good in me that You did not put there. Many will see that You have worked if I am finished, because they would see what You started with and can see the transformation that only You can bring. Be glorified in the change that You bring about and delight in bringing about that change. Not for my glory, but so all may see and tell of Your wondrous works.

No comments: