Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shall the Dust Praise Him?

Ps. 30:8 To you, O LORD, I cry,
and to the Lord I plead for mercy:
9 "What profit is there in my death,
if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it tell of your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me!
O LORD, be my helper!"

There is no better place to be than crying out to the Lord for mercy. There is no other source for comfort than in the Lord, so why would I go searching?

I like how David talks about "the dust praising". When I read this I immediately thought, "if there is no profit in his death, because the dust will not praise Him, then when we are alive we must be praising Him". What is our joy and delight if it is not praising our Creator with the few days we have here on earth? Who will we be praising if not Him? Ourselves? May it never be.

Our boasting should only be in the Lord, for He is the One Who has graciously given all things. If He has given, then how can we boast in being a lowly beggar receiving? Where is the honor in being a receiver, except that the Giver chose to give?

We must be ever praising our Great God. Don't hold back.

No comments: