Thursday, October 29, 2009

Confidence

Heb. 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

Oh for confidence in every moment of every day. We have access to the Throne Room of The God of the universe, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing, has snatched us out of our sinful ways, raised us to newness of life, is sanctifying us for His purposes and will some day glorify us and yet we don't ask.

How foolish- how arrogant- of us to not be in prayer at every turn, that we don't live our lives consumed with prayer. We have the ear and heart of the One who can change the tide of every battle, can calm the sea, raise the dead, controls every electron and every galaxy and we don't go to Him because we can handle it ourselves?

How often I have sinned by not giving all into His care. How often I commence the day with hurried ambition and left the Power "off", because I didn't pray. How often I have taken the task from Him because I didn't ask for help from The Helper. Have I been the cause of starvation because I didn't beg the Father for food for those who have none? Is it on my account that there has been little success in an endeavor because I was working independently of The One to whom all of my dependence is on?

2 Chron. 16:7-10 is a reminder to us not to go into any venture without first seeking The Lord and for trusting, even in part, on our own strength. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Ps. 121. If my strength comes from the Lord how can I start something without begging Him to continue giving the Strength? If He provides it in the first place then He can certainly take it away.

Read Ps.34 and be encouraged that The Father hears and acts on behalf of His children. His children praise, boast in, magnify, seek, are delivered by, cry out to and are saved by, are protected by, take refuge in, fear, are watched by, are listened to by, are delivered by, are kept and redeemed by, and all these things are ended with "HIM". We have all these promises only in Him. How can we then try to do anything without Him?

Oh may we truly approach the Throne Room humbly and confidently as we plead with Him on behalf of our weak selves and others and may we rejoice in
Ps. 34:22 The LORD redeems the life of his servants;
none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

What should we fear? Maybe our own pride that keeps us away from the Throne. Be much in prayer to the One who is more than able.

No comments: