Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Friend Doug

I have to introduce you- electronically, to my friend Doug Nichols. He is the man who went to Rwanda in 1995 and God healed his cancer. This is a post from his blog and if you don't read it often you should. He is a sweet brother who has given much of his life in service to our Lord. He is currently in Manila aiding in the relief of the saints. He is 71.I hope you are encouraged.

"The Greek word for Christian love is “agape” which means “sacrificial action for another person’s good”.

Many years ago when the Roman Empire was spreading throughout the world, King Tigranes of Armenia was taken captive. While standing before the conquering Roman general waiting for the death sentence to be passed, Tigranes fell on his knees before the General and pleaded for his family saying, “Do with me what you like, but I beg you to spare my family.” The conquering General was so impressed with the love of the king for his wife that he released the king and his family.

As they left the presence of the General, King Tigranes asked his wife what she thought about the General. She replied, “I never saw him.”

“What do you mean ‘you never saw him?’”, Tigranes asked. “You were standing within a few feet of him. You could not help but see him. What were you looking at?”

With tears now sparkling in her eyes, the queen gently replied to her beloved husband, “I saw no one but you. My eyes only saw the one who was willing to die for me.”

“But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8, nasb)."

You can find his blog here.

No comments: