Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Work?

I know I think of things that are sort of weird sometimes and maybe some have thought of this before, but as I posted a couple of days ago, "Phil. 4:19 And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus", if this is true, and I believe it is, then think about this.

If God promises to supply all our needs then isn't He making a lot of extra work for Himself in areas like Samoa and Manila right now? Wouldn't it be easier for Him to just leave all those crazy storms where no is living, rather than to mess up all those cities and lives with floods and mud?

I get overwhelmed thinking about how many people are hurting and the amazing needs that are all over the place and yet He keeps making more needs and He has to be the One to fill them. I hate it when I do something that makes more work for me. I want to be efficient and get things done the first time, the easy way. A friend of mine told me, "If you want to know the easiest way to do something, follow a fat guy around", because fat people do things the easy way, or they would be skinny:) He then added "You are the fattest guy I know". I took that as a compliment.

God is not trying to do things the easy way so He can save energy. Think about the fact that He keeps all the galaxies perfectly where He wants them and goes down to electrons inside of you and He doesn't even break a sweat controlling all those things. I get frazzled when I have too many burgers on the BBQ and people can't decide if they want cheese.

So, is He making more work for Himself. Well, maybe, but He is doing it to showoff how amazing He is and that He can provide for each person, no matter how dire the circumstance, and we are all left with the understanding that there is no way this kind of provision could be made by anyone else but Him.

We get the provision, He gets the glory. Humm, seems like the same tune just a different verse. I am happy He is in charge.

No comments: