Thursday, December 4, 2008

God's hand in mine.

Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed, in
awe of the mystery of his perfect ways

CHORUS:
All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain he did
not recycle to bring me gain. I can't
remember one single regret in serving
God only and trusting his hand


This is my anthem, this is my song, the
theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

I was thinking and praying this morning about matters of today and yesterday and was reminded of God's faithfulness. Yesterday I had prayed that God would take care of some PG financial things, which more often than not is just about the timing of when a payment comes in and when other payments are due. He of course handled it in a creative way. We didn't receive our payment any faster than I had expected, but the date that we had originally thought our payment was due was a couple of days too early, so He worked it all out. He is so faithful.

The topic of my recent posts has been much more "child-centered" lately. Part of that is from reading in Matthew where Jesus is talking to His disciples about being like a child and then meditating on what He is trying to get us to understand, the other side of it is that I am realizing how total dependence on Him I really am. He is not more in control now than before, I am just finally seeing how dependent I am on Him.

So, I was thinking about this song, and of a little boy/girl holding their daddy's hand, and the comfort and security that this brings. The dads are in no more control of the situation around the child, while holding their hand, but the nearness of dad is so personal and intimate. How sweet it is to know that God does hold our hand/carry us through life. We just need to realize that He is right there, and trust Him.

God is good and we have many opportunities RIGHT NOW to share His goodness with others, don't miss those times to tell others How Really good our God is. They need the encouragement and we need to give Him the praise that is due Him.

No comments: