Saturday, June 6, 2009

Overwhelmed

Ps. 31:19 Oh, how abundant is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you
and worked for those who take refuge in you,
in the sight of the children of mankind!
20 In the cover of your presence you hide them
from the plots of men;
you store them in your shelter
from the strife of tongues.

21 Blessed be the LORD,
for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me
when I was in a besieged city.
22 I had said in my alarm,
"I am cut off from your sight."
But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy
when I cried to you for help.

23 Love the LORD, all you his saints!
The LORD preserves the faithful
but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride.
24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the LORD!

Graduation day came and went, but not without leaving a lasting memory on many of our minds and hearts.

What a great class of young men and women were entrusted to Grace Academy, some for all 13 years. This was a normal size class of 18, but not a normal class. The spiritual fervor of the students is so exciting to see, both in their own lives and in the lives of those around them that they have greatly influenced. Often it is only people younger than us that are greatly influenced by our lives; whether that is our own kids, grand kids, students or employees, but in this case they have influenced many who are much older than they are.

As Paul exhorted Timothy not to let anyone look down on him because of his youthfulness, these students have run far past their age in terms of influence. It will be very fun to watch what God does in and through their lives.

While I sat and listened to the addresses and watched the slide show I was overwhelmed by How Good our God is. I am personally so blessed with my own great kids and then I also have the privilege of, in some small way, being able to build on the lives of some other absolutely great young people. My life should not be this good; I don't deserve this much blessing, but God has chosen to bless me in this way. May I never loose this sense of thankfulness.

My heart is so full yet my tongue/fingers have no words to express what I want to say. God is good, faithful, kind, slow to anger, abounding in love, amazing, too generous is just the starting point and it seems too small.

I am overwhelmed by His kindness to me.

No comments: