Sunday, December 20, 2009

Handel's Messiah

Most people have heard excerpts from Handel's Messiah, or have listened to the entire masterpiece. Composed in only 22 days and using only Scripture as text this is a magnificent piece of music and a great way to learn God's Word and get it into your heart that you may sing the glories of our Great God as you go.

As a child I listened to my dad's 3 album set and if it was not worn out from listening it was very close. I can safely say that I listened to the entire work more than a hundred times.

Today as I read through my own copy of God's Word it is fun to see those texts scattered throughout both the Old and New Testaments. I would encourage you to get a good copy of this work and listen to it with your family, if not the entire year, at least at Christmas. That would be a good way to change the culture in your family.

I can give you a source for a GOOD copy.

No comments: