Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shaking my Head at His Goodness

Ps. 40:16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation
say continually, "Great is the LORD!"
17 As for me, I am poor and needy,
but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God!

So- you must be hard to impress. Did anyone actually read the last post because that seems to me like one that should have gotten some "God is so good" kind of comments back. So I'll give you some more to think about.

Though I can't give you all the particulars I will give you as much as is prudent. A few days ago we sold some material that is not in our normal inventory and we have to go to an outside supplier to get it. The project manager who sold the job heard that there may be some of this material in the warehouse that was "damaged", but still may work for this project. The cost was supposed to be about 35% of the regular price and so it was worth taking the drawings down to the warehouse to see the material and see if this would really work.

When I arrived at the warehouse the material was still not viewable and so the guys had to bring it out with the forklift so we could see if it really would work. They brought it out and removed all the packaging and asked me to come and have a look. When I walked up I didn't see anything that was obviously wrong. They asked if I could see the "damage" and I told them I could not and they would have to point it out to me- that's a good sign that it will work when I can't see the issue.

They told me that some of this material had been finished differently in spots but it was really hard to tell from this angle and they would have to change the angle to be sure. As they were changing the angle they told me that some of this material had been put in the "damaged" area that was really not damaged but they were not entirely sure if this material fell under that section.

After changing the angle we looked and looked some more and could find nothing wrong with it. I asked if this would then still be under the same discount and they said "yes". They said that they must have known we needed a good deal on this material when they put it in the rack whenever that had happened. I told them that God knew we were going to need this material, knew we needed this particular color, at this particular time, for this particular client and had them set it out for us to get a discount on good material. I then had to tell them the crane story from yesterday.

I don't believe they are believers- I just met them yesterday- and they really didn't have any comment when I recounted God's goodness about the crane and then this. We are to be quick to praise Him but often we miss seeing what He is doing because we are too busy trying to figure it out for ourselves. I could not have figured this out for myself-ever.

God allowed us to NOT spend a bunch of money in the last 2 days- Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow. He is good.

1 comment:

bean said...

You're too impatient! I didn't have a chance to read it until today. :) God is awesome and you are lots of fun. I loved that you called my dad to tell another crazy God story not 5 minutes after we had left the airport. :)