Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Three Days Ago

3 days ago, right now, this began.

I have been thinking quite a bit about the fact the I plan lots of things. I like a good plan, not just a plan, it has to be well thought out.

Going to France and Italy with Teresa on her 40th birthday and having it all planned and surprising her, that was a good one.

When we put the kids all on the plane with the Kolher family and went to Disneyland and the kids didn't even know where we were going, that was also a good one.

Well, as you know from reading this, my plan was to be in Italy purchasing some slabs and visiting some of my friends in the stone business there and meeting some new friends. I was to return home on Thursday night so we could leave again on spring break on Friday afternoon. I like a full schedule as well:)

I was thinking, as many of you have talked about this "trial", that for what I know now, I wouldn't trade this time for any vacation, even if it was well planned. God has changed our lives in this time. I could not be in a better place right now than where God has me. I'm sorry that Grant has to be the "vehicle" of my learning, but God strengthens our faith when we can't see what's coming. You don't get stronger faith by getting better eye sight. Stronger faith comes from depending more and closing your eyes, because you know that it doesn't matter if you can see what is ahead or not, because you're not in control anyway. I am seriously preaching to myself here.

Please know that whatever strength you seem to see in me is not me at all. God is my Rock and a Strong Tower we can run to. I am thankful for all of your encouragement to our family. He is giving the Amazing grace to get through this with the right perspective. It is not me, not even a little.

I'm sure we will see some of you today, and for those in other countries, please continue to reply, as this strengthens those who are reading as much as the blog.

God is Good to use us to minister to others.

Looking only to Christ,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "ICD Surgery Scheduled"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Chuck and Teresa,---OK, I'm computer-challenged. I sent a comment, got a strange response from the site telling me I had done it wrong. So I'm sending it again. Sorry if it is a repeat. :-)

Ed and I were so shocked to hear about Grant; we have been in prayer for your dear son and your family since we got back to town. We went to Port Orchard and Puyallup to be with our sons and family over Easter so didn't get the news until Sunday night. We will continue to pray and have confidence in our Good God. I especially love an OLD hymn that speaks to His kindness:

How good is the God we adore,
Our faithful, unchangeable Friend,
Whose love is as great as His power, And knows neither measure nor end.
Tis Jesus, the First and the Last,
Whose Spirit shall guide us safe home;
We'll praise Him for all that is past,
And trust Him for all that's to come.

How good is God? is a question we won't be able to fathom until we get to see Him face to face, but right now it's so good to praise Him together and give Him our confident trust.

I am endeavoring to give Him the confident trust I need to have in my heart as our son, Doug, is (right now!)in the middle of a second interview for a job in Colorado. Even these things can be a challenge for the heart of a parent when a son has been without work for a long time. But we Know all things do work together for His Good purpose and we pray that it might be accomplished in Doug's situation, as well as your dear sons's.
With much love and heartfelt prayer for you,
Ed and Alice