Friday, March 28, 2008

Your Steadfast Love Endures Forever





Ps. 138:1 I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
2 I bow down toward your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

3 On the day I called, you answered me;
my strength of soul you increased.
4 All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O LORD,
for they have heard the words of your mouth,
5 and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD,
for great is the glory of the LORD.
6 For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly,
but the haughty he knows from afar.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Just a short week ago I was thinking about the Easter concert, and if I was really ready to play. What a difference a few days makes.

As Grant is resting for his short trip home, a light snow falls outside our window. Watching the snow fall is now calming to me, unlike in the Les Schwab days when snow meant lots of hours and work.

Thought you would like to see the pictures of the area where Grant's ICD is implanted. Nice incision, huh?

Grant is so easy going. Even as they tell him he can probably go home this morning, and he would like to get by the school to see everyone before break, the paperwork takes time to get him discharged and he says "It's ok if I don't get there dad". What a sweet boy; like his mama. I told the nurse that he just doesn't like to put anyone out.

I can't believe it has almost been a week here. The time has gone by fast here too, I must be getting old.

My heart is full of thanks to God for all His mercies and goodness to our family and for His faithfulness to us in this unusual time. I have to find a different word for this time, because "trial" seems like the wrong word. Even though Pastor Z. has told us that trials are neutral, they have always seemed to have a negative connotation, but this really seems to me like one of the most positive times in our family's life. I feel like celebrating. Those of you who know me know that's not to abnormal.

There are many in the Body who have things going on and we need to keep praying for them.

I will update you when we find out what is going on with the other 2 kids so you will know better how to pray.

God has strengthened my soul through this time because it was so evident to me that He had His hand in every detail.

Feasting on His Goodness,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "School, Home, and Report"

No comments: