Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big Bang

While I was reading the pamphlet on the ICD unit I was just amazed at the complexity of this muscle we call a heart.

Our hearts run on electrical currents that open this valve to relax this muscle and then open this other valve and then the blood goes into the chamber to be oxygenated to be delivered to this other chamber to be delivered to the rest of the body.

If the electrical system gets off track then the valves open and close at the wrong time and then the heart doesn't work properly.

How crazy is it that people think that this could all start from a big bang.

Grant and I were just talking to a couple of his nurses. The first one asked if I was a pastor, she must have seen my blog title. She told us that today one of the pharmacists just past away today. Seemingly perfectly healthy and tonight his family is mourning. That could have been us, but God chose to spare us the sorrow of losing our Grant.

There is no way to understand God's plan, and that's not our job. Our job is to trust what ever His plan may be.

I have to be ready for God to change His mind about Grant if He so chooses. So Grant will get some heart insurance tomorrow but even with that in place God doesn't guarantee him another day, or any of the rest of us. Are we thankful for the days we have?

Ps. 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

God has been so good to us, and we have been so encouraged by all the notes and the visits. You are having a great impact on those at the front desk all the way to the 4th floor. They notice that you are all different than many who come to the hospital. The world can see that we have hope and joy in something other than just life itself. We have hope in God.

It's been sweet to hear all of your comments about the blog and how God is using His Word to pierce through hearts. God's Word is powerful.

Keep praying for His Word to work in hearts.

Pray that Grant's surgeons would know exactly what to do tomorrow and that they would be careful with my Grant's heart and lungs.

Pray that we could be a light to those around us, there are many hurting here.

Pray that the girls would get some sleep and be rested for tomorrow.

Thanks again for all those who are praying and for your sweet words to us.

Resting in His arms,
Chuck

Click here to read the next part, "Surgery Day"

3 comments:

beneth said...

Chuck and Teresa,
This song is perfect for you in this moment....

Mark Schultz....He's my son"
I'm down on my knees again tonight
I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right
See there is a boy that needs Your help
I've done all that I can do myself
His mother is tired
I'm sure You can understnad
Each night as he sleeps
She goes in to hold his hand
And she tries not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes

CHORUS:
Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep
I dream of the boy he'd like to be
I try to be strong and see him through
But God who he needs right now is You
Let him grow old
Live life without this fear
What would I be
Living without him here
He's so tired and he's scared
Let him know that You're there

(Chorus)

Can You hear me?
Can You see him?
Please don't leave him
He's my son
Love you all, Beneth

Unknown said...

Its so encouraging to see God work the miracle He is working in Grant! One thing we definitely know is that people have their time, and God never takes them home early. What a comfort, God's in control and we don't have to worry about anything! He created the world, He can, and will, take care of our trials and bring us through them! You all are still on my heart and in my prayers, I'm praying for the procedure today.

Thank you for starting this blog and keeping it updated. I've really found encouragement from reading it, and it's so great to see the body of Christ uniting in prayer, rejoicing, and helping. You are not alone, so many people are here that care about you and are praying!

Your brother, through the work of our dear Lord, Grant

James 1:2-4: " 2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Unknown said...

Our hearts are filled with your joy,love and devotion for Grant and all in the Weinberg Family and friends who have shared this experience with you. Thank you for sharing all that each one of you has experienced in This Gods Miracle. This gift has been bestowed and to you because of all that you and each member of your family has given to others. We have all felt that special kindness and love that you share to all that you touch.
My son, Rabbi David Aaron Jaffe, has placed a special prayer at the Walling Wall in Jerusalem for Grant's full and speedy recovery and for the blessings of the Weinberg Family, we are so thankful for Grant's progress.
Our Love to Grant and all of the Weinberg Family,
Lonnie, Trish and Madison Jaffe