Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blessing or Judgment?

John 13:44 And Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. 45 And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Contrast that with;
Luke 11:28 "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"

A sobering reminder of having ears that do not hear and eyes that do not see. If your ears are not hearing, pray that God would open them and that He would give you eyes to see the wondrous truths in His Word, and a heart to respond to it. Our earthly happiness and eternal residence depends on it.

No comments: