Saturday, April 4, 2009

More Thoughts on Prayer

I had a discussion with SKH yesterday about my prayer post, which was good, not the post but the discussion. He said he was going to post his response but just it to me in person. I will try to get it right but will not put in in quotes as it might be slightly off; Ask high, but keep asking, and leave it up to God. At least that's what I came away with.

His point was even Jesus asked the Father to "take this cup from me, but not my will but thine be done". I am encouraged by that. I really don't want to try to push my "program" on God and presume that He has to answer whatever I ask, like some sort of genie in a bottle, but I do find encouragement in knowing that when I ask my Heavenly Father He knows my needs already, but He wants to hear my heart and motive for asking. Our hearts are truly deceitful and desperately wicked and we can't know for sure what is in them, but when we ask righteously and God gives what we are asking for and if that brings Him glory, maybe that's a good barometer for what is truly in our hearts.

God has really changed my priorities over the past year, in that my current idea of what success and prosperity for PG looks much different than it did just a year ago. Praise be to God, who is the only One who could bring about this change. I still have responsibilities in leadership of the company but I think for me the ending result of success looks different.

With that said I want to give you some prayer requests, that I hope are in line with God's priorities for PG.

God would continue to grant financial success, so we can continue to support the many families that have put their lives on the financial line with PG.

He would continue to bring us qualified leads and that we would be busier rather than slower, so the machines are more productive. We pay the same amount per month for our machinery whether they are running 24-7 or 3-4, so it is better stewardship if they are running longer.

Continued use of our material, rather than having to purchase material down town. This is all about whether or not the client likes our colors, and God can bring colors into fashion.

I would take the opportunity of discipleship/training with the guys He has entrusted to me. This is what I see as my greatest stewardship opportunity. I have a platform that maybe no one else has in the lives of these men and I want to take that seriously.

In all these things I want to hold on loosely to the blessings He has given and fight for the opportunities. I want to be content in whatever He gives and truly leave it up to Him.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and even though I know many don't post comments, I have heard from some of you that you are reading this and that rally encourages me. I would like to try to encourage you to post comments, not so I can count who is posting, but you don't know how much others are encouraged when you post a comment back. I hear it all the time, "That comment was so good, it really helped to solidify the initial post", or something to that effect.

Stay in the Word, guard your hearts and look only to Christ. Oh for that day when we sing with the angels, but until then, let us be about our Father's business.

No comments: