Friday, April 17, 2009

Blessing brings Praising

Ps. 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the LORD.

Throughout this entire Psalm there are blessings recorded, but there is more. If you look at verse 3 you can see that the Psalmist is not only writing it down, but he is singing it to God and others are hearing and seeing the goodness of the Lord and their lives are changed because of it. The entire Psalm has the same sort of blessing and praising. Read it this way and be encouraged. But don't just be encouraged yourself, tell others of what God is doing in and around you. Before others are going to want the blessings of God in their lives, they will have to see them in ours. Don't let them guess as to whether or not God is working; drive them crazy with telling of His goodness and faithfulness.

If we do not praise our God, He will give the rocks a voice instead, Luke 19:40. Let us not let rocks do our praising for us. Maybe in conjunction, but not instead:)

No comments: