Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Passion Week 2009

The Passion week has ended and I didn't get many suggestions on traditions, but hopefully we made some strides in the right direction this year.

Here's what we did, though Resurrection day itself was a little out of order since we needed to pick up the boys at the airport.

I spent the entire week of my quiet time reading the Gospel accounts of Jesus' week leading up to Calvary, through the resurrection and ascension. I really tried to put myself in the shoes of either the disciples or to think of what Jesus Himself might have been thinking or feeling in each situation. This really helped me to focus throughout each day on the events that would have been happening. I believe this was very valuable for my walk. This was the first time I had done it and I would highly recommend it.

We had dinner on Sat. night with some friends from the church and we talked about spiritual things. The center piece was very poignant as we put together a "Crown of Thorns" out of Black Berry vines and had some long spikes on the table. A vivid reminder of the physical cost to our Lord.

I'm not sure that the food was anything special, or that it has to be. It is about our heart and whether we are helping others to worship rightly.

Anyway, I just thought I would share and would still be interested in hearing if you did something impacting, that should the Lord allow us to have another Resurrection Day in 2010 we would be more prepared.

No comments: