Thursday, April 2, 2009

Observe the Glory of God

John 11:14 Then Jesus told them plainly, "Lazarus has died, 15 and for your sake I am glad that I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him."
40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" 41 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out." 44 The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go."

Sometimes "bad things" happen to us that we really can't explain. In this case a "bad thing" (death) happened to Lazarus, but Jesus explained to the disciples why it happened; so that His glory might be shown and they might believe.

Maybe if I was observing more closely I would see the Glory of God more in the events around me. Maybe in those observances my faith would be strengthened. Maybe, just maybe, in doing those 2 things I would not fall to the sin of worry because my faith would be strengthened.

Notice in verse 35, which in not on this page the personal Jesus who loves His disciples so much that He weeps when He sees their grief.

No comments: