Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sweet Satisfaction

Is. 43:1 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
4 Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.
5 Fear not, for I am with you;

What an encouragement. God is talking to His people Israel, but this is also to His chosen ones in this time. And as great as His promise was then, it seems to be even more precious now, because not only did He give other nations as a ransom for His people in the OT, now He has given His very Son for our ransom.

If He will take care of our salvation, would He just leave us to fend for ourselves? Surely not! How can vv 4&5 be true of me? There is no good in me that He should love me, except He has put it there. There is no reason for honoring me except for His grace. Yet He loves me and He has promised to be with me.

Our what sweet and precious promises are found in His Word, that satisfy the soul like nothing else. There is no sweeter fountain to drink from than His Word. No more comfort, no more rest, no greater joy and no other God like our God.

May I dwell and bask in the goodness of who He is today and may you find the same delight.

No comments: