Monday, April 20, 2009

Shocking Sweet Sixteen

I posted the sovereignty of God directed post this morning and little did I know how appropriate that would be today.

I got a call this afternoon from the principle of Grace Academy who told me that they had used the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) today at the school. It wasn't on Grant, thankfully because that would be a little counter productive, but it was on a student whose 16th BD was TODAY. Happy birthday, sweet 16 and all the rest. He apparently went into a seizure in PE and they had to do CPR and use the AED and it apparently worked great.

There was a parent who is a paramedic who "happened" to be at the school filling out some paperwork and had the wrong ones, he was "not supposed to be there at that time". Humm, I think I have heard this story before. So God had arranged for the man to be there and for the AED to be on campus and for the staff to have been trained on its use around a month ago, all in preparation for today's event.

I understand the young man is at Children's this evening and it sounds like he is in pretty good shape for his interesting 16th BD. This is one he won't soon forget, nor will his parents. Scary, but not so much when God is in control.

I did ask one of the other young men tonight at play practice if he would be ready to have that be him. His reply was so much the normal teenage boy; "it wouldn't be me". They all think they are so invincible and yet if God wants to take them down He can do that at His command.

Just another reminder of Who is really in charge and how dependent we are, whether we want to admit it, and be in subjection, or not. God is good, even with a shocking BD.

No comments: