Saturday, April 11, 2009

Separation Sabbath

Heb. 12:2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

John 15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.

17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

Matt. 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

For all my life I have always thought the greatest cost to Jesus in our "cost of salvation" was his death on the cross. I now think that this is wrong.

Though all that He suffered; Phil. 2:6 "Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross", living in the midst of sinful men and watching them sin right in front of Him, rejecting His love and life that He would lay down for them, all the hatred that His created people would have toward Him, yet I think that the worst pain, the highest cost to Him was the separation from the Father when He bore our sin. The days in the grave totally separated from the Father were the greatest lose for Him.

The Bible talks so much about the relationship that the Father and the Son have. I have missed that part of Jesus' message for so long. He could endure the pain of the cross and all the rest without saying anything; Is. 53: 7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth", yet when the weight of our sin was placed on Him, immediately separating Him from the love and presence of the Father, that is when He cried out, "Why have you forsaken me?"

The relationship with the Father has to be so amazing to be able to endure all the other pain and not speak a word, and yet He cries out when it is broken, all be it just briefly, it is still broken.

The entire Bible is all about the relationship being broken and provision for restoration. The relationsip must be pretty important and it is more amazing than I am able to comprehend right now. Oh for the day when I will see Him face to face and will perfectly understand all that my sin has kept me from enjoying; His perfect presence.

Oh may I live in light of the relationship You have called me to. May I be ever closer to You and Your glory each day. May I love others in light of Your love for me and be a blessing to Your children. Give me grace to love and love to grace. All I have is from You and all I have that is of worth is You. Impress that on my heart and may it flow out of my life. Let me relate to others the way that You relate with me.

Change my heart oh God,
Make it ever true,
Change my heart oh God,
May I be like You

No comments: