Thursday, February 19, 2009

Desperately needy, yet lacking nothing.

James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I have been asking God to not let me be satisfied with lesser joys. When we have too much, it is easy to think that we are not dependent on God for everything we have. I really don't want to get to that spot again, as I lived in that neighborhood for pretty much the first 45 years of my life. I don't want to move back there.

The trials of life keep me chained to Him. I feel like a little boy who wants to be right next to his dad, because dad will take care of everything. It's scary and comforting. I am supposed to be the one who is in control, yet I know I don't have a clue what will happen even tomorrow. I think that this is where He wants me to be.

I want to submit- voluntarily line up under- Him, because I know He has it all covered and I don't have to worry about anything when He is in control, but that doesn't make it easy to just let go, after trying to run my own life for 45 years.

It seems that I have been praying according to His will, because He is keeping me in a very dependent state. It is grueling, being so dependent, but it is where I really want to be. It's hard but best. I am needy yet lacking nothing.

No comments: