Monday, February 9, 2009

Moon Struck Snow

Is. 55:10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

This morning I awakened to a very bright full moon, or at least close to a full moon. I like it when it is this way because the moon rays, I guess there is such a thing, come through the glass and cast some really cool looking shadows. It is bright and dark at the same time. But this morning there was also a light dusting of snow on the ground, which made the moonlight even brighter. I thought as first it was frost, because when the moon is bright it needs to be clear, but apparently it has snow just a bit and then cleared up.

I went to this passage looking for the "snow" but was quickly reminded of the intention of the passage. God's Word does not return empty. How great it is to know that as we are faithful to speak and teach His Word, both to ourselves and to others, that He brings the harvest. It may not happen right away, it might not happen in this decade, but His Word does not return void. He is faithful to keep His promises, so we need to be faithful to His Word. His purposes will be completed.

This is especially true as I think back on the S/R. There are many kids who have not repented, yet they heard a lot of Scripture in the 5 days there. God will bring that back to bear His purpose down the road. He will get glory from His Word going out, even if that is hardening the hearts who reject His Word.

As a high school student I wasn't a Christian. I went to a Christin school. We went to church twice on Sunday and again on Wed. night. In school, in order to play sports, you had to keep up on your Scripture memory for the month. As far away as high school is from me now, I still can be reading along, in my Bible, and remember entire passages that we memorized. Verses just pop into my mind that God has let sprout up and bear fruit.

Pray for the students that they would not let the fire die. That they would have zeal for Christ, His Word, pray and His people like they have never had before and that God would keep that zeal going. Pray that this would be the case in each one of us.

No comments: