Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Star of the Show.

Ps. 84:1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD of hosts!
2My soul longs, yes, faints
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and flesh sing for joy
to the living God.

3Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O LORD of hosts,
my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
ever singing your praise!

I have seen a few of my friends go home to be with the Lord in the last year or so. I have never really thought as much about Heaven as I have lately. With Andrew's condition worsening it has renewed my thoughts of Heaven again.

I know that Heaven is going to have amazing stones. Stones that look like glass they are so perfect. Brilliant colors, much better than HD or Blue Ray could ever produce. The Light of Heaven is God and the sun pales in comparison to Him. I'm not sure about buildings and water or anything like that, but I do know that as beautiful as Heaven itself is, it will not be the Star of the Show. The Star is God. We will be so enthralled with looking at our Redeemer that everything else will be supporting cast.

The hard surfaces of Heaven will make singing to our Lord amazing; like singing in the shower with millions of perfect voices. Our rest will be the best rest we can remember, like when we were children, with no cares in the world, but in perfect health. Our relationships will be perfect. Our loves will be focused on the Lamb. Our faith will have been perfected. Our Joy will be in front of us for us to behold. Our Peace will have broken down every wall. Our strength will be renewed like the eagle that flies over head. Our gifts will be laid, with joy inexpressible, at Jesus' feet. We will be Home at Last.

No comments: