Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine

Song of Solomon 4:9 You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride;
you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes,
with one jewel of your necklace.
10 How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride!
How much better is your love than wine,
and the fragrance of your oils than any spice!
11 Your lips drip nectar, my bride;
honey and milk are under your tongue;
the fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon.









My sweet Teresa. You are the love of my life, even though there are certainly times I don't express that to you. You are my helper and completer, more than you know.

Before Kimmy was born it was hard for you to think about staying home and "Just being a mom", but as soon as she arrived she changed your heart. Thanks for being willing to be a great mom to our kids. They are so much better for your investment in them. Thanks for taking up the slack that I left while I was at work.

Thanks for your heart for working hard, both in side and outside. You are an encouragement to so many people as you just stop by a weed a little patch, or plant some little tree. You are spreading your "branches of generosity" wide.

Thanks for being willing to share our home with so many others. It is always a lot of work, but you are willing to minister to others in this way.

Thanks for your tender heart. You are compassionate and caring, and want to carry others' burdens with them.

Teresa is;
Pasture- a place to go in order to be refreshed and filled with good things.
Partner- both to me and others as we work towards Christ-likeness.
Philanthropy- always giving of herself for others.
Peace Maker- always wanting everyone to get along.
Pace Setter- especially when it comes to gardening.
Predictably- unpredictable.
Phun- always looks at the lighter side.

Thanks for being my Valentine for all these years.

No comments: