Friday, February 6, 2009

Incessant Praise

Ps. 34: 1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
3Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!

Verse 1 has been convicting to me as of late. Do I really bless the Lord at ALL times and is His praise CONTINUALLY in my mouth?

God has blessed me with so many blessings, some I don't even notice, and yet it is easy for me to get wrapped up in the things right in front of me and not give Him praise along the way.

I want to give some examples of things that deserve His praise that I often miss and maybe this will encourage all of us to be praising Him more often. He is worthy of our praise.

In reading the Mark's blog I have been reminded that I need to be praising Him for waking me up with my wife every morning. He has given us helpmates to be just that, praise God.
When was the last time I was thankful for my health? That seems like a last resort answer, but really, we have no health or sustenance at all unless He gives it, praise the Lord.
Employment can be forgotten in the grind of life, but there are many who are not working and would love to have any sort of job, praise the Lord for an opportunity to work as unto Him.
Personally in the PG world I have not been nearly thankful enough, until just very recently, that God really is the provider of every lead and every conversion of a lead to a sale, that allows us to keep going and keeps cash flow where it has to be. I don't ever want to be insincere in my praise, but I am truly understanding that when a client chooses to call or drive into PG, it is from God. Why would they choose us and not someone else? Only because God directed them to hear about us, often in some crazy way, and then they decided to take the drive up to PG. That is of God and He deserves to get the praise for it every time.

I am sure you can put this into practice, personally, and we all should encourage each other by verbally saying "Praise the Lord" or "Praise God" when He does show Himself faithful. He loves a thankful people!

When we boast only in Him, we will automatically become more humble because we are recognizing our dependence on Him. He is the Sole Provider and He wants and deserves to be recognized as such.

Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!

Ps. 89:15 Blessed are the people who know the festal shout,
who walk, O LORD, in the light of your face,
16who exult in your name all the day
and in your righteousness are exalted.
17For you are the glory of their strength;
by your favor our horn is exalted.

No comments: