Monday, February 16, 2009

I Love Your Commandments

Ps. 119:41 Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD,
your salvation according to your promise;
42 then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
for my hope is in your rules.
44 I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever,
45 and I shall walk in a wide place,
for I have sought your precepts.
46 I will also speak of your testimonies before kings
and shall not be put to shame,
47 for I find my delight in your commandments,
which I love.
48 I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,
and I will meditate on your statutes.

Something I notice immediately in this section is that David loves God's Word. He wants God to bring it to him and leave it there. He knows that the reason he has answers for the questions is because of The Word.

"Walking in a wide place" gives the meaning that our lives are unencumbered by sin, so we are free to run wide on the path, rather than walking on a very tight and slippery slope. We are free from the chains of sin as we seek His precepts. They direct us to do what is right, rather than the law requiring, and forcing, us to do what is right. Doing what is right now becomes our delight, not our duty.

David was a man who loved God's Word, consumed God's Word, meditated on God's Word and that Word changed His life.

May I love Your Word more than silver or gold. May I speak boldly of Your Word because of the change it is making in me. May it be my source of comfort, wisdom and encouragement and may I never want to be w/o it.

No comments: