Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Does God Require of Us?

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

I have been questioning God as to what He wants from me. I truly think I am willing to give Him everything as long as I can have Him. My heart is deceitful and so I want to make sure this is the case, but I think it is.

I am searching to see if there is something that I an holding back; is there something that is "off limits"? My desire is that He would be my first and only Love. Is there something that I can give more than this? "He doesn't delight in more sacrifice, or I would give it". He wants what is best for me and He gives it.

So what can I give to the Lord that He doesn't already have? As this verse says, He requires that I am just, that I love kindness and that I would walk humbly before Him. It seems too simple, yet this is what the verse says.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, yet I can do nothing on my own. Lord make me this man. Make me be just, love kindness and give me humility as I walk.

Lord, You know my heart. You can see if there is any wicked way in me. You know every word I speak before it is on my tongue. You created me and You sustain me with every breath and every heart beat. Let me delight in Your Word, rest in it, drink from the Living Water that never runs dry. Let me find all of my strength and joy in You. Renew my spirit within me, that I might be an encouragement to others around me. Don't let me see the waves around me, but keep me focused on You and all that You are. God, You know what I need today and I want to trust You will give it, but my flesh gets in the way. Give me the heart of a lion in times of worry, that others may see and know that this is from You. Give me the courage of David to stand in front of giants and not be afraid. I have nothing if I don't have You and there is nothing I desire except being with You. Be near me today Lord. Let me know Your presence, for then I can rest.

No comments: