Thursday, February 5, 2009

He is my Portion

Ps. 73: 23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
24You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Oh, how encouraging it is to know that God is continually with those who love Him. As a father would comfort his little child with his nearness and physical touch, so our Heavenly Father holds our hand.

There is no knowledge in me that He has not given, no insight into things that I have no understanding that He has not imparted and everyday I am reminded how much I need His counsel. He knows what will happen today and beyond and it is a huge comfort to know He is in control of all of the details of my life. And after my life is finished He will receive me in Glory.

What a day it will be,
when my Jesus I shall,
When I look into His face,
the One who saved me by His grace,
When He takes me by the hand
and leads me through the Promised Land
What a Day, Glorious Day, that will be.

Whom have I in Heaven but You? I can finally say that there is nothing on earth I desire beside You. My flesh is weak, my heart is tired, I cry for your grace and you answer, I plead for your provision and You provide. You are my portion, both here and in Heaven, there is nothing lacking in You and You supply all my needs. All that I need is You, and I need you every minute of every hour. Give me strength to be who you want me to be today, give me joy in sharing Who You are when You give me opportunities to share. Give me peace to rest in Your care and provision, I can not rest w/o You giving me faith to trust Your perfect timing. On my own I don't have faith, but You give faith to those who follow after You, help me to follow Only You. You are my light and my Salvation, of whom, or what, shall I be afraid.

No comments: