Monday, February 9, 2009

Ps. 119 Aleph

Psalm 119
Aleph
1 Blessed are those whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the LORD!
2Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
who seek him with their whole heart,
3who also do no wrong,
but walk in his ways!
4You have commanded your precepts
to be kept diligently.
5Oh that my ways may be steadfast
in keeping your statutes!
6 Then I shall not be put to shame,
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
7I will praise you with an upright heart,
when I learn your righteous rules.
8I will keep your statutes;
do not utterly forsake me!

Oh to be blameless; to have no charge against me. I am glad this is not perfection, but direction, or I would be crushed under the weight of "Blameless", "Whole heart" and "Do no wrong".

I desire to have all of these said of me, but I can't do this under my own power and really would have no desire to do it without the Holy Spirit moving me. I want my way to be steadfast and to diligently keep His statutes and to have my eyes fixed on His commandments, but I am a long way from there right now.

It seems that the point is not that we are perfect, but that we are walking and meditating on His commandments, so when we are tempted they are the first thing that come to mind and these are what guide our steps, not our own decisions.

He will finish what He has started and I am thankful that He has started the work in me. As I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling He works in me up to completion.

Isn't it great that we bring nothing to the table, but need, and yet when He is finished we leave with the inheritance of the Kingdom of Heaven. Thank You Lord for Your grace.

Lord, make me want to follow Your Word. Give me the desire to be more like You every day. Don't let me make decisions that will cause me and others harm, but show me Your way, with the clearest of vision, that I might walk uprightly and not stumble. Thanks You for Your Word and the instruction it gives. Let me not quench Your Holy Spirit as He works in my heart to make me conformed to Your image. When You have finished Your work in me, I will rejoice that You have taken me from being dead and changed me to being alive in You. You can do this and You want to do it, so keep me out of the way and do Your will.

No comments: